What do you do about a control freak husband????

I feel like I have lost my self. Nothing and I mean nothing is good enough for him. My daughter and I have bent over backwards to be supportive of him and he complains all the time!! I cry all the time now. I have taken an honest look at myself to see if I am doing anything to add to this issue. I went to counseling alone too. I don't know what to do???!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• its not you...its him and if he aint gunna change it will just get worse
    Anonymous

• You leave. Controlling behavior very easily leads to abuse.
    Anonymous

• Take your own goals and start making them happy I have one of those and the second I stopped listening to what he thought was wrong with me and what I had not done right I started to feel better. Start making your own life and taking care of yourself finding what you want. Its not going to change but you change yourself rebuild yourself and start to stand up for yourself. GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Don't let a man wear you down. He is trying to make you feel small in order to feel as if he is greater. Don't let him convince you there there is anything wrong with you. Leave him for a while if you can, so that he can learn that HE was the problem, not you. When he is alone & without you there to belittle, he might hopefully realize that the problem lies in himself & not you. No one can tell him that, he'll have to learn the hard way & realize it himself. And the best way for him to realize this, is if you leave him all to himself & his own pathetic personal issues.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Get the book BOUNDARIES IN MARRIAGE by Drs. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend. Sounds like you need to learn how to set some boundaries and then enforce them.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I agree with the first two responses. Take it from me...I am divorcing him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• There is nothing YOU can do because the problem belongs to HIM. What did I do with my controlling, jealous, insecure, asshole husband? I divorced him. 16 years ago and life has been great since.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 1:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2010