Do you have any good Plantain Recipes?

I never cooked or bought plantains so please share some of your yummy recipes!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• When I was younger, I went to a summer camp where we made dishes from around the world. One was a dish from Africa that had plantains in it. It was very good, but I can not find the recipe. I did look at All recipes.com and this looked good- http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-and-Coconut-in-Banana-Leaves/Detail.aspx

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• They are either very ripe or very green. With the green ones, (the greener the better) you peel them and then cut them in chunks about an inch and inch and a half and deep fry them in medium heat, until they are soft in the middle prick them with a knife if it is soft inside they are done, take them out and blot them in a paper towel then before they get cold, smash them in a paper bag until they are flat. Then refry them in very hot oil until crispy, take them out and sprinkle with salt, yummy!

If they are ripe you peel them and slice them at an angle about half an inch and fry them until they are golden, these are very sweet, yummy!

Answer by older at 7:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2010