What should I read next? (Pagan Education Books)

You all know I'm a big reader, but I'm running out of things to read... I have $10 in Amazon gift cards to spend and I want something new. I'm looking for something other than the basic "how to" books. Maybe something with more history to it... Gimme some suggestions, please... I want to find something good and educational that I can just get lost in.
Have you read anything good?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 7:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I always enjoy self-help books, but if you don't think you need any improving, it may not be right for you. I'm reading the 21 irrefutable laws of leadership. It's okay, but not the best I've ever read.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• oh my bad, you wanted something about religion I'm guessing. Maybe a religious self-help...pagan self-help? I dunno sorry..just trying to help. LOL
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I am reading (again) the Law of Attraction For Dummies... I'm always reading at least 3 books. One religious, one self help and one medical or business related. But I have the other two categories filled... I just need a good Pagan History or Pagan Educational book right now.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Essentials of Hinduism was one I really enjoyed reading...couldnt put it down.
    Tibetan Book of Living and Dying.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I don't know any Pagan books. But my best friend is Pagan her cafemom screen-name is Manda_Evans If you message her she can probably tell you a few.
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Honestly, I don't get in to Hinduism much... It's interesting, but it doesn't generally keep my attention. I'm more of a European Pagan... If there is such a thing - lol. And would prefer something along those lines.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• The art of hapiness by the Dahli Llama? I heard it's a good book.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Goetia of Dr. Rudd, Garden of Pomegranates by Israel Regardie, anything by Chic Cicero
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• i was introduced to wicca through a book called Positive Magic (Weinstein). it is described as a self-help occult book but does give a really good basis for understanding magic and how it works. as for a historical book I recommend Restoring the Goddess: Equal Rites for Modern Women. it is a great book that talks about how Christianity is a twisted version of goddess worship. I don't practice wicca - i follow a native american spiritual path - Sacred Tree: Reflections on Native American Spirituality - is a small book but packed with information on this path - lots to ponder and learn to understand.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Do you have the book "The Well Read Witch" by Carl McColman? It is mostly for Wiccans, but there are quite a few recommendations that would suit ecletic Pagans as well. There's a nice section with history recommendations.

A book that is on my want list is "Spiritual Mentoring: A Pagan Guide" by Judy Harrow.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 1:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2010