Movies in the theater...

How old were your kids the first time you took them to the movie theater?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Due to his autism,we haven't yet and he's 9

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• jake was around 3, but couldnt sit thru a whole movie until he was about 5. toy story 2 it was :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I've never taken them to the movies. It's not worth it to me...way too expensive when we can just wait to buy the DVD and watch it at home. My oldest went to her first movie with her BFF when she was like 7. She's 10 now (or will be in 9 days). My other kids are 8, 7 and 4 and have never been to the theater.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• my first two went when they were around 2, my 2 yo twins still can't handle it yet.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• A few months old, maybe 5 months. Our local cinema had a baby pictures program once a week for moms and babies so we'd go to that most weeks. We went to that till he was about 18-24 months and transitioned to regular matinees during that time. He's 4 now and he's been to at least 100 movies (including some that he's been to more than once) and loves it. His behavior is excellent, hardly ever talks unless it's important like asking to go to the bathroom. He hates it when people talk, he's been known to do the turn and glare and even shush people who keep talking.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• around 4 or 5 I think...and it was a kid's movie if I remember right
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• 3. He's better with it now though and he's about to turn 5. After the first time, when we had to leave before half into it, I decided next time to try the cinema pub instead. It's like a restaurant setting with a movie screen wall, and he did fabulous there. Plus it's cheaper and you can eat regular food too. We do that more, but today went to the normal cinema to see Marmaduke.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:39 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• When we lived in Maine we always went to the Drive-In....loved it!!!
    I think we took them to indoor movie theaters at different ages when each one was ready...not all 3 of them at the same time.
    I believe they may have been pre-teens when they went to the movies with a group of their friends.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:58 AM on Jun. 20, 2010