headaches during pregnancy

Im getting desperate. I have headaches at least twice a week now and tylenol doesnt do anything for me. Ive looked up home solutions online but nothings working. Any suggestions? Im not far enough along to be worried about pre eclampsia or anything, im not dehydrated or over tired... it just wont stop hurting. Ive tried lying in a dark air conditioned room but im still miserable...

emt088

Asked by emt088 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i'd ask the doc.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• i have an ultrasound on the 24th of this month so im trying to hold out until then
    emt088

Answer by emt088 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I had bad headaches each time I was pregnant. The doctor called them vascular headaches, and he gave me something for them that helped a lot and it did not hurt my babies. I think it was called Fiornal or something very close to that. That's been a lot of years ago, so they may have something even better now.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• i had the same problem but it turned out i wasn't drinking enough water. once i started drinking a lot more water the headaches were gone
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• sometimes its just extra hormones. i have an aquired brain injury so i get migraines alot. i usually drink tea with some caffine and it curbs the pressure alright and i also try warm washclothes on my forhead that helps me get to sleep. if you started getting really blurred vision white or dark spots i would go in cuz it could be high or low blood pressure that can turn out really serious. caffine though is a natural way to curb a headache though and you can either do tea black coffee or dark chocolate to get it. the chocolate typically i have to eat alot of it for it to work. stay away from soda as that has alot of sugar that can make it worse.
    sam123333

Answer by sam123333 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• That's normal in pregnancy. It sucks, but you'll just have to deal with it. Try sniffing a little bit of cayenne pepper if you haven't already. I'm totally serious on this- you can google it. Sprinkle some into a plastic baggy and breathe it in.
    Anonymous