Mom doesn't like....

If your mom or your dad didn't like your significant other, would that bother you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes
    Anonymous

• it did for a long time. but eventualy she realized he was not going anywhere and her thoughts on him were not even true. she likes him after about 5 years.
    Anonymous

• nope. She's not a good judge of character anyway!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• It would bother me because my husband is a wonderful guy, there is nothing not to like, but I was lucky my parents loved him and my mother adores him to no end.

Answer by older at 8:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Yes. Because in most instances moms have much better instincts regarding men than younger women do. And when my daddy didn't like a guy, I knew I needed to get rid of him pronto. Luckily, my dad really liked my husband and my dad was right! We've not been married more than 45 years!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

same, exept it was 4 years lol
    Anonymous

• Agreed! He's the person I love, he's the father of my child, and he's not going anywhere. Plus, not to be rude, but before meeting my stepdad, her track record with men sucked! She needs to stay out of it:).
    Anonymous

• Yes it would matter, but it would not change my opinion of him. My parents hated my husband for the first 6 years we were together. Then 6weeks before we got married they tried to bully me into not marrying him.

Now we have been together 14 years and they realize what a great guy he is. My mom has even been telling people that of all her kids {there are five of us} that my dh and I have the best relationship and are the best match. That sure made my day to hear that they think that. Finally!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• NO ! BECOUSE ITS MY LIFE NOT MY MOMS !
    Anonymous

• I will agree with the others that talked about parents track records. My parents have been married 7 times between them, 5 times for my dad and 3 times for my mom...so they have no business telling me what to look for in a spouse.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2010