Whats better for a baby a walker or a activity center?

I am not sure as for safety i know its the activity center but, I need some thing that shell like...Help please..she'll be 6 months in 2 weeks..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• BOTH !
    Anonymous

• walkers aren't safe

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Walkers are dangerous, go with an activity center
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 9:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Activity center. Walkers are very dangerous. And the AAP has really started to come out against them. Not just for the risk of falling over or other dangers, but that it can cause some physical issues with kids and can delay walking and physical development.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• My daughter got this when she was four months, she is turning three in a few months and still plays with the table. It was the best toy/activity center/excerciser for her. She loved it...her legs got so strong and there was no danger in falling over (at least that I saw with ours).. http://www.brightstarts.com/p-119-around-we-go-activity-station.aspx
    mdehn

Answer by mdehn at 10:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• The US is the only industrialized country that has not banned walkers; they are very dangerous

Answer by rkoloms at 10:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• No walkers!!! I saw a show on cable when I was prego about walkers and how many children become bow-legged because of them, because of the un-natural position they put the childs legs in.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• everything can be a danger. if you moniter your child calefully while in a walker it can be just as good if not better then the activity center. both of them are great ideas. now something that is a danger is the johnny jumpers you hang from the doorframe i have heard of more injuries with that then with any other toy out there. my daughter had a plastic walker that doesnt fold down at the hinges and i think thats why they are people dont like them. the one with the hinges can have a risk of collapseing while in motion. i have never heard the walker slowing down walking skills i think it makes them stronger because they are actually makeing it move by walking. my daughter had both and started walking on her own before she was 1.
    sam123333

Answer by sam123333 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• TRUTHTELLER: what is the difference between the way the child is postioned in the walker and activity center? they are both set up the same!
    Anonymous

• Neither! Both force the baby's legs into an unnatural position which can cause your baby to walk beau-legged. Not to mention they will delay baby from walking and like others said, they BOTH can turn over. I got both my daughters a play gym. They can either lay on their back or stomach to play. Much safer and healthier!
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2010