She doesn't like him, but he's not going anywhere.

My mom doesn't like my boyfriend because we don't see each other constantly. We've dated once before, saw each other every day, and that didn't work out, so we are taking a different approach. She's always been a bit needy in relationships and doesn't understand how you can go with out seeing your boyfriend every day and be okay with it. Today she told me she didn't like him but that's just her opinion. He's the father of my child and he's not going anywhere. Should I tell her to just stay out of my relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• i would tell her that while you respect her opinion, it works well for your relationship.
    Anonymous

• ummYep, tell her thanks for the advice, maybe shes right...but youd like to figure that out for yourself and keep it movin....My mom is the SAME way..and in no way shape or form a person to be handing out advice on relationships IMO...GL
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• TELL HER TO SHUT HER MOUTH BECOUSE ITS YOUR LIFE NOT HERS !
    Anonymous

• Thanks girls!
    Anonymous

• Ultimately it's your decision, but I firmly believe in listening to your parents. If there were anything off with him besides seeing him everyday ( kind of a dumb reason, but since you have a child together and are still together it's kind of weird that you wouldn't see each other everyday....even just for your child seeing thier dad everyday.)
    Anonymous

• Boyfriend works full time, and we aren't living together at the moment because we are trying to take our relationship slower and make things work before moving in together again. We lived together once before for a month and it didn't work out because we were rushed in to it by our parents.
    Anonymous

• How can you take your relationship slow? When you have a child together. You are contradicting yourself. Taking a relationship slow is not having sex right away. Just dating.  I guess I see it more like your Mom does.  She knows like I do, something is wrong with him.  JMO:)

Answer by louise2 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• What does she care? She's not in a relationship with him. Tell her to sew herself onto her boyfriend's hip for all you care just stay out of your business.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Just thank her for her opinion and remind her that she had the opportunity to make choices in her own life and now it's your turn to make decisions in your's.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• im sorry but i dont agree with some answers on here. there is notthing wrong with taking it slow after you have already been with someone and had a baby. its called relearning each other and can actually make relationships stronger. there is nothing wrong with HIM or you. its a healthy approach and i think that you both are thinking like adults not like lusting teenagers. same concept of married people seperating and dating again. good luck and good job! dont worry bout what your moms says. my mom hates anyone my brothers and i date. nobody is good enough in her eyes. and dont worry bout what other people say as well. thats one of the number one reasons why peoples relationships fail is because they listen to much on all the negative things people say about them. In reality it takes 2 people to fight and there are 3 sides to every story. his way her way and what actually happened.
    sam123333

Answer by sam123333 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2010