rap & tie baby sling carrier????

My baby is 5 months old and we have bought like 4 different baby carriers and we so far have not found one we like. A lot of them are complicating or are unconfortable for me or turn his legs purple. So we just bought thr final one we are going to try and its the wrap and tie. I was wondering how everyone one who has tried this one thought of it and how to use it because we tried and we had to have done somthing wrong because his legs were so purple they were almost black. Is there video demonstration or does anyone know the cure to getting his legs to not turn purple??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• first off why would you let your childs legs get so purple they are almost black. its cutting off circulation because it is so tight. thats common sence!
    Anonymous

• common sense*
    Anonymous

• yeah he is in front of me so i cant see his legs duhhh!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Let me guess... that was a back pack type carrier that made his legs purple...
    Join one of the baby wearing groups and ask them :)
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 9:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Ive actually heard of those killing babies. There has even been a recall on some of them. Just Google "sling baby death" and you'll see what I'm talking about.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• it has killed babies, but babies under 4 months due to lack of neck control. 5 months they are fine. i have heard of the moby wrap being great! i have never used it, but i have hear raves about it. gl.
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 9:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• in my opinion the baby could have some sort off circulation problems if it happens when his legs are dangleing down for short/long amounts of time. does he get fussy when he's in them? i havnt used a wrap but ild be worried that they would come untied.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56qKeUSIIcw heres one tutorial on youtube.com im not sure exactly what kind you have but theres a bunch of other ones on the side bar.
    sam123333

Answer by sam123333 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I have used a front facing sling for my kids and never had a problem with it turning any of their legs purple or any other color. I think you need to be more careful about how tight you do the straps on it.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 10:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• The deaths occurred in sling type carriers for young babies who do not have neck control and their heads were pushed forward where the chin is ti the chest and therefore the airway was constricted. The wrap and tie kind she is referring to does not have that issue. When done properly babywearing is very safe. Do you mean a Mei Tai style or moby wrap style? Come visit the Baby wearing Mamas group!
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• If the wrap you have is the Moby, look at their site. It gives tying tips. If this is a homemade Moby, you may not have used the right material as it should give even when tight
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2010