SAHM or WM?

Which do you think most prisoners had? Gang bangers? Drug dealers? Serial killers? Rapists? Etc? Do you think their mom's stayed home with them or worked?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• what a weird question
    Anonymous

• There are SO MANY factors in ones life, that you couldn't possibly pin point it to SAHM or WM's.....
    Because there are both that suck at thier jobs at being a mother and others that excell...
    Anonymous

• you're looking for a correlation and asking the wrong people ... sounds like a good graduate school research project...
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Funny you asked this because I just read a study about it a few days ago. They say 70% of all criminals juvenile and adult come from single mom house holds. I think that have just as much to do with not having a father figure and enough supervision than anything. I don't think you could say it is only because shes a working mom. So it's somewhat like comparing apples and oranges.

Anonymous

i agree. it's apples and oranges.
    Anonymous

• I know 3 people who are in prison for serious crimes and none of them had a parent at home once they were school age. Not statistically significant, just my personal experience.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• working mom
    Anonymous

• How Freudian! Blame the mom for everything. Great! Like we don't get enough blame already. Work and it's your fault. Stay at homne and it's your fault. Frankly, I'm tired of being blamed for my boys' hang nails.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I am a single mom and I do work full time. I think its about knowing where your kid is 24/7. I think its about knowing who their friends are. My son and I are very close. He will be 16 next month. He has never given me any cause for concern, But on the same token, I havent given him cause for concern either. I dont run around with different guys, I dont bring men home. I have dated but I keep my dating seperate from my kids. I usually only date when they are at their dads house for the night. I think being a single parent is very demanding b/c we have to be available all the time. No one picks up the slack for us. If that statistic is true, then its really all about being a good parent and putting your kids first. You can do what you want after they turn 18
    Anonymous

• I think there may be a correlation between home life and the way kids turn out, but I don't think there is a correlation between their mom's working or staying at home. I think it has more to do with neglect, if their moms were running around, drugs, etc. There are soo many factors. Some moms HAVE to work. They certainly shouldn't feel guilty for it. A woman should have a career so if the shit hits the fan, she can take care of herself and her kiddos.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2010