She applies for a job in my office....that I own, and I do not like her

she's qualified
she has a degree in the same field
she did the interview with my employee so she does not know Im the boss, she just think I work there, LOL

We dont get along because I was with her BF before her so she doesnt like that.

I was thinking of allowing her to be hired just to shock her, lol I'll have a replacement hired as well.

what do you think, I think it's pretty funny because she was just smirking at me everytime I saw her, IF SHE ONLY KNEW :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would hire someone else. Why invite drama. Just hearing about the drama in my dh's last job (due to a couple of people) caused me stress (and it wall all men!).

Federal laws generally prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, gender, pregnancy, national origin, religion, disability and age. State and local laws often prohibit additional types of discrimination such as including discrimination on the basis of marriage, sexual orientation and weight.

Don't let her know that you are the boss and hire someone else. Not hiring someone because you don't like them, or you know they cause drama is not discrimination; it is not hiring someone whose personality conflicts with yours or your other employees.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Hire her and see what she does. You never know she can become your number one employee!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• No. If your the boss, why would you want to deal with that extra drama. DO NOT let her know your the boss, because she could say that she wasn't hired because of personal reasons and that's against the law. Seriously....don't stir the pot.
    Anonymous

• i would just hire someone else. like someone else said...dont stir the pot. if she thinks it's for personal reasons tell her the other person was more qualified and more enthusiastic about the job.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I have a hard time believing any of this.Mostly because of the economy and the COSTS involved with hiring and firing. What company today has the monetary resources to hire and fire at will for fun? I call BS
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• if shes the best canidate for the job and you dont hire her that can be veiwed as discrimination. thats pretty childish as well. you should know better than to act that way. its all useless high school crap
    Anonymous

• OP

That is my point, she is qualified and if it were any other person I would hire them so I feel obligated to hire her, but I have a feeling that when she comes in to her first day, and she realizes that I'm the owner/boss she will quit, most likely. So I think I should hire a replacement. Like an ON CALL person

and JEWJEWBEE Not all companies suffer like that, I barely have any employees at the time but I am expanding my office so I need more employees. Having excess when expanding is normal, because you never know who is going to work out and who isn't
    Anonymous

• and JEWJEWBEE Not all companies suffer like that, I barely have any employees at the time but I am expanding my office so I need more employees. Having excess when expanding is normal, because you never know who is going to work out and who isn't
    -------
    You don't have to tell me hun. I spend 5 days a week screening new hires and potential risk situations for a consulting firm. Which is why I call BS on your post.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• i still think that you are being alittle childish about this. if you own your own buisness and shes a good worked then why make a big deal about. personal stuff should not clash with work related stuff. treat like you would any other employee. but i feel if you hire her you will not do that and that makes your company look trashy.
    Anonymous

• You shouldn't be holding a grudge or being pesonally against her or negative about her. She could turn out to be the best employee ever and you better appreciate that. Forget about the past and don't be mean.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2010