Cheating........... anyone been here? More of a vent but I want to hear some other stories!

My dh cheated on 6 times until October.... I know it wasn't right but I cheated on him in Fed-April, don't really know or want to think about it but I told him and he's FURIOUS!!! But my thing is 6 times I went through what he's feeling. Six times I dealt with everything, the anger, being completely disgusted, hatred... all of it! Now I know it wasn't ok and never will be! I never should have allowed myself to even be near that situation but it happened and I can't avoid it. I will NEVER do this again and learned how to stop very quickly!!! But he's at a girls house now mad at me saying he doesn't want to harm me like he feels like doing.... It's pissing me off because 6 TIMES I went through this yet neither of us left the house, I just had to deal with it!!!! Why can't he get over it like I had to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• If he's at a girls house, he is not dealing with it. This is the excuse that he needs to make it ok. You will never be able to hold it over his head again because you are now both guilty of it. I think that you both need some serious counsiling. You admit that what you did was wrong but obviously he doesn't admit that he is wrong since he is back at 'a girls house'.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• How about you split up? It seems neither of you is mature enough for playing house. Your kids deserve to see parents that love each other and don't hurt one another out of spite.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• i think you two need to divorce. Of course he's not going to get over it like you did. He is going to use it against you so he can now cheat without any guilt. oh and he will continue to cheat on you. I really do think divorce is the best option. Besides he has NO right to be mad at you, since he already cheated on you first. What is it that he wants? He wants to be able to cheat on you and not have you feel so bad about yourself and do the same? That is a huge double standard. I wouldn't go for this shit anymore.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• This is way better then anything I said. Do what sleeping beautee suggested.

How about you split up? It seems neither of you is mature enough for playing house. Your kids deserve to see parents that love each other and don't hurt one another out of spite

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Well two wrongs don't make a right and it doesn't sound like this relationship is going to work out.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I agree with soonmommyof3 "It seems neither of you is mature enough for playing house"
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• i dont blame you for cheating back on him but really what you should do is leave him, move and find someone who respects you so that you never have to feel those feelings again.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I was cheated on, but by a guy who told me his history of cheating before me. I wasn't married to him, but his two ex-wives told me all kinds of stories. I lived with him and my son after my divorce for 6 years....Once a cheater...blah, blah, blah....I believe that now.

I cheated back on him before I left him. I saw a married man for about 6 months. But it didn't feel right, I always felt guilty and it was wrong to my "other" man (the married one, I just didn't care one hoot about HIM.)

So, what advice do I have for you? Serious, serious counselling. Whether you stay together or not. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Um sorry but if you are married you should not be cheating on eachother.
    If my husband ever cheated on me that would be the end of that.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• My ex and I didn't even make it to our 3rd anniversay, we were married less than a year the first time he cheated. He cheated on me a total of 4 times that I know of and he was very emotionally abusive but every time he crawled back and I gave in. I cheated on him once, a month before he left me for another woman, and I didn't tell him until after he left me but he was still pissed off at me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jun. 20, 2010