Have you ever walked in on?

..your 5 year old with a huge, er.. boner? I just did.. he was getting ready for a shower, and was in the bathroom, obviously a little too long by himself.

Ug..... I know boys have weiners and play and what not, but.....

Do I just turn my head and laugh? I dont want thim to feel ashamed... but, time and place, right? How do I go over this with him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• he's 5 and probably doesn't know really what it means...that is unless you've educated him on it. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Now if he was 15 then I'd have a different answer
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• As for time and place, he was in the bathroom...where do you want him to do this? At least when he gets older he will be in a place where it's easy to clean up, LOL
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Thats wierd, I didnt even know boys could do that at five. My teen son stays in the bathroom for days, dont want to know nothing...
    Anonymous

• Don't laugh! Jeeze that'll make him feel ashamed about it.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 10:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Well, I am sure he was just playing, and I imagine it feels good.. why not right?
    Anonymous

• Just try to pretend you didn't see. You don't want him to feel bad.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• He's in the bathroom, naked and getting ready to shower. I'm not sure there is a better place. I know my 4 year old tends to play with it before the bath or while he's in the bath. Right now he gets naked in his bedroom while I run the bath and then I tell him it's ready and give him privacy by going to my room to fold laundry and such. He chats to his bath toys while he's in there so I know he's not drowning or anything. Sometimes I sit nearby and chat to him but that doesn't stop him fiddling under the bubbles which is just a tad disturbing!
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 10:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• My five year old twiddles is, but he doesn;t like it when it gets bigger. He doesn't associate it with sex. He also hates his balls.. he asked if we can get rid of them. I told him to let them be, he will need them some day.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• oh gosh. i'm having a boy and this kinda scares me! lol
    Anonymous

• Of course boys get boners at every age. My DS is 2 and he's had them since he was a baby. They're involuntary and they can't control it at that age. It's just an increasein blood flow to the penis.
    Why does everything have to be sexual?
    Anonymous