Why dress like a boy but

I saw several girls today that have short boy haircuts and wearing boys clothing but have enough make up on to be a drag queen. Can someone explain why if you do everything you can to look like a boy, you still wear makeup to that extent?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• They're called "bois". It's a lesbian term. They look like boys but are still very fem. Ever watch the L word? You learn alot about lesbians from that show. There's a character named Shane who looks and acts like a guy but is still very fem and wore make up.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 10:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I used to dress like a boy too, maybe its to show their tomboy side and stil show some femininity, not sure if I spelled that last word right, curses spell check!!!
    Anonymous

• Why do you care?
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 10:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• AngeLnChainZ...because I'm am curious as to why someone does this. It's not something I'm familiar with so that is part of me increasing my knowledge database.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• My daugher wears her hair super short and kinda dresses boyish (she's 16) and at the moment has a tendency to slather on the make-up. Not into girls though...the boys are calling and pounding on the door. She is simply more comfortable that way, as I am, minus the short hair. I don't think it means necessarily anything to do with their sexuality at all...maybe it's just their personal style?
    Anonymous