Can u lose ur mucus plug during sex?

Im not even sure that's what this is. It's a heavy white, snotty looking discharge. Sorry if that's tmi. Told SO about it. He already didnt want to have sex until after Im fullterm because I'm already 4cm, but now he's saying if that's what this is he doesnt want to anyway.

Asked by MayBaby0507 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes you can and tell him that it's great to have sex right now (up until your water breaks) because it makes labor easier. It helps your cervix soften up.

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Have lots of sex know it will help the baby get here it help my DD come my water broke while we were having sex.

• Having sex isn't an option. He doesnt want me to go into labor yet b/c the dr said he'd like for the baby to stay in for another week. I'll be 37 on Monday. Now that I THINK Im losing my plug, he's really against having sex..

Answer by MayBaby0507 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Losing your plug won't immediatly trigger labor. It can be weeks after you lose it before you go into labor.

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• He's against it b/c he says losing my plug is an unattractive thought and he doesnt want it on him.

Answer by MayBaby0507 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• It could very well be your mucus plug. I'd give your husband a big hug for being so concerned about you and the baby. If you're already that dilated, then I would just wait it out. He's just concerned and wants you and the baby to be safe!

• I did :) Lost it at 36 weeks. Was induced at 39. Lost plug doesnt always mean labor starts :)

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:58 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Im 38 weeks and mine has not come out yet. My husband and I have sex often (sry). So I think it just depends on the pregnancy.

Answer by brandymae1990 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Usually the mucus plug has blood along with it, that is why it is also called a 'bloody show'. I lost mine after sex, but I was just a few days away from 40 weeks.

Don't talk to your husband about the plug if he thinks it's gross. Wait another week or so like your dr said, then remind your husband that this is his last chance because you won't want to have sex for a month or two after the baby is born, and then you will have a baby which makes it more difficult to get the time to. ;) Sex really does help prepare your body for the birth and makes it faster and easier for you.

• plug can be 2 weeks later before labor. but it's exciting knowing it's closer.