Can a belly wrap/girdle work to help tummy to reduce size after 10months of having a baby?

Hello:
I had my baby 10 months ago and I have used belly wraps or I guess girdles to help me feel less puffy. I don't know if it would be effective to used it every day in order to help the skin feel less loose.

sailormoonjen85

Asked by sailormoonjen85 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Only exercise will help and depending on your genetics, the loose skin my not ever go away without surgery.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• It will help in holding the muscles in place, so that when you do lose the weight your muscles will be able to shape back into place. However, it will not help you lose weight or make your stomach fit again. Only cardio, pilates, and yoga can do that. The girdle can help the loose skin go back into place, which can also help it shape back up while working out. The loose skin will go away if you tone up properly. With the right toning excersises and cardio to lose the fat.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Using a girdle or anything like that for that long of a period of time makes the muscles lazy, and harder to get back into shape. If you want to lose the baby belly, lose the girdle and work the muscles - after 10 months it's going to take 10x longer to get them back into shape!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Thanks guys. I have recently joined a gym and have a personal trainer but I was just wondering if using this garment it would assist in putting loose skin back.
    sailormoonjen85

Answer by sailormoonjen85 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

•  I found this website that might help, you never know:) Good luck!

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2010