Are you worried about your food quality? (oil spill)

I have serious concerns that our food supply will be tainted by the oil spill out in the gulf. It is hurricane season; that oil will be spread so far out into land and it will be impossible to contain the mess. Do you think food prices will go up? Do you think we will even be told it's contaminated?

banana-bear

Asked by banana-bear at 11:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Sea food prices have already gone up 20% in most parts in some 40%. Even the supply that is not from the gulf. Because of higher demend on the other fisheries.
    Anonymous

• Will there be oil in the rain related to a hurricane?
    • No. Hurricanes draw water vapor from a large area, much larger than the area covered by oil, and rain is produced in clouds circulating the hurricane.
    http://www.wkrg.com/gulf_oil_spill/article/oil-spill-vs.-hurricane/891172/Jun-10-2010_6-14-pm/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I'm sure as the drilling ban comes into play (and the possible push thru of the crap and tax bill) the cost of everything will go up, including food. I don't eat seafood except for crab legs and those come from Alaska. I don't know about the rest of the food supply, but it's always a thought.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 2:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Nope, not at all. People act like this is the first oil spill in the Gulf. There was one by Aamoco that lasted 10 months in 1979. I know many of you were born after that, but I got married in 1979 and didn't remember it. Maybe the Iranian hostage crisis overshadowed it, but it happened. Our food supply is fine. The fishing industry recovered. The Gulf, bless is heart, survived that before all the recent hurricane activity.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/05/ixtoc_oil_spill.php

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 20, 2010