Renting out car seats/booster seats/strollers/pack and play

My kids and I just got back from visiting my parents and we flew there. We had to bring the car seats and stroller. I got to thinking it would be easier to start a company that rents out car seats, booster seats, strollers, and pack and plays.

Tell me if this is a good idea and tell me where you go to.

Thanks.

onthegomom240

Asked by onthegomom240 at 11:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah I don't think I would want my kid in a pack and play that someone else's kid may have puked and peed in.
    Anonymous

• i wouldn't rent a car seat due to not knowing what kind of accidents that they may have been in. But, I would rent the rest.
    Anonymous

• I don't think that a company could legally rent out carseats. The liability if one is in an accident would be huge for the company. I just don't think any one would bond and license them.
    I know I would never rent a car seat, you wouldn't know if the seat had ever been in an accident, people don't always divulge that info.
    Same with pack and plays, I don't know if I would let my kids sleep/play in strange ones. First you have to know the safety specks and the cleanliness issue, would turn me off of them. I would not really want my baby in one that had been used before, you can't really clean the side and rails on them... YUCK!

In theory it is a great idea, but I think in reality it is not.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• I would rent all but the car seat. And not that because how would I pick it up with the kid? I would assume one of the guarantees of the place is that the car seat isn't recalled and wasn't involved in an accident.
    Great idea by the way. It would have come in handy on recent trips out of town and state to visit family.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• And how are they going to guarantee the car seat has not been in a crash? Take the previous renters word for it... no thanks. People lie to get out of trouble, if there is no obvious damage to the seat, people could/would lie to avoid penalties.
    I would not take that chance.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I would rent a stroller, and maybe a pack and play, but none of the rest. I use the car seats on the plane when we fly, so that's no big deal to take along.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:49 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• It would be very convenant but I would worry about safety with the carseat and grossness of a pack n play lol, Ive seen where you can rent strollers in the mall and stuff tho
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2010