• In the Spotlight:

Renting out car seats/booster seats/strollers/pack and play

My kids and I just got back from visiting my parents and we flew there. We had to bring the car seats and stroller. I got to thinking it would be easier to start a company that rents out car seats, booster seats, strollers, and pack and plays.

Tell me if this is a good idea and tell me where you go to.

Thanks.

onthegomom240

Asked by onthegomom240 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would never rent that stuff. Taking too many chances with it all. I think there are places already in some areas that do that, anyway.
    Anonymous

• i think as long as you are on top of the latest safety and recall alerts this is a great idea!
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• You couldn't rent them for much because all of those baby items are relatively cheap. Some car rental places rent car seats for like $10 a day. No way!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:02 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I would never rent a carseat b/c there is no way to know if it has been in an accident or not and once a seat has been in an accident, it should never be used again. As for strollers, pack-n-plays and the like, I don't think you could really sanitize them enough to be sure they were clean. Then there are the liability isssues, which would be astronomical, and the insurance probably would be, too. I know that there are portable cribs made for the commercial market (many good hotels have them) and some airlines used to rent out carseats, but I know I wouldn't use them b/c I wouldn't trust them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jun. 20, 2010