I'm five weeks pregant and bleeding should I go to the ER?

Please help this is first baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This bleeding you are experiencing is likely implantation bleeding. It is probably bright red and usually only a few drops. Going to the ER will not prevent or stop a failed pregnancy. But it is higly likely you are experiencing implantation bleeding. This occurs when the fertilized egg has buried itself in the uterine wall which causes some spotting. Everything will be okay!
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Yes,,,go to the ER. We dont know how bad you are bleeding and we dont know anything about you. Call your dr and go to the ER now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• if its light pink and just spotting, im sure your ok , if it is period blood id go to ER but either way just call the dr. on call ask them they will tell you either way GL
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 12:13 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I did this at 7 weeks with my first baby. It's scary, I went to the ER because I was scared and they did a vaginal exam and checked to make sure that my mucus plug was still intact and then sent me on my way. I can't remember if I did an ultra sound there, but I know I made an appointment with my doctor for the very next day due to this and had an ultrasound to make sure everything was tip top.

On a side note, my grandma spotted her entire pregnancy with my now 40 year old uncle...go figure. GL mama!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:30 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• What will an ER do??
    If you are bleeding heavily, like soaking a pad in an hour, then yes you should go. But if not then there is no point in going.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:40 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• You don't have to go to the ER unless it is heavy bleeding or if you have cramping. You should be able to call your doctor's office now and request to speak to the doctor on call. He/she should call you back within an hour. Not to scare you but here is my story, which started last Saturday when i was 6 weeks pregnant...

Noticed brownish colored spotting after intercourse on saturday. Sunday night the brownish color turned dark red and a little bit heavier. I called the on-call doc who told me to go to the ER if I had cramps or a lot of bleeding, otherwise call docs office in the morning. Call office in the morning and was told to go in for blood work that morning (monday) and scheduled an appointment for an ultrasound the next morning (tuesday). By monday afternoon the spotting had turned bright red with clots. It was confirmed during ultrasound. I had a MC:(
    GL to you! Hopefully all is well.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I'll second NOT going to the ER. (Unless you start bleeding really heavy). Either it's nothing, or it's the start of a miscarriage. Neither of which they can do anything about. When I miscarried my twins, I panicked and went to the ER. I was waiting for 9 HOURS. To them, it's not an emergency, and they'll put you at the bottom of the pile. You're better off to wait till morning and call your doc. You probably won't sleep, but you'll be more comfortable trying to at home then in the waiting room of the ER.

I really hope everything is fine. Good luck.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:04 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• There's no reason to go to the ER. They won't be able to do anything about it. Lots of women have some bleeding in their pregnancies. Just relax and try not to worry.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:55 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Call your doctor and follow his/her advice. I bled the entire first trimester with both of my sons. I did not produce enough progesterone to sustain a pregnancy and had to have supplements. Initially, I was given injections and then switched to suppositories. With the second pregnancy, the cervix was so irritated (the dr said it looked like raw hamburger) that I could not use the vaginal suppositories. I had to have an injection every morning an hour before I got out of bed. When I first started spotting, I was told to stay in bed. That is good advice if you are bleeding. Good luck and I hope all is well with your pregnancy. l
    tomatoqueen

Answer by tomatoqueen at 3:30 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• "I'll second NOT going to the ER. (Unless you start bleeding really heavy). Either it's nothing, or it's the start of a miscarriage. Neither of which they can do anything about. When I miscarried my twins, I panicked and went to the ER. I was waiting for 9 HOURS. To them, it's not an emergency, and they'll put you at the bottom of the pile. You're better off to wait till morning and call your doc. You probably won't sleep, but you'll be more comfortable trying to at home then in the waiting room of the ER."

don't listen to her... it could ectopic. I had an ectopic pregnancy at 7 weeks and I wasn't even heavily bleeding, just spotting. But luckily my ob gave me an ultrasound and we caught it before it ruptured. So it really wouldn't hurt going to the ER just to be on the safe side. I would if I were you. Really you have nothing to lose. Hopefully its nothing though, Its really common to bleed early during pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 AM on Jun. 20, 2010