My husband hit me in the face...please read

My husband and I got into an arguement because I went over a girlfriends house that he doesn't like to BBQ with our kids. I got home and tried to go to sleep in our bed with him and he wouldnt let me lay down...he got mad and told me that when I wake up i won't have a car because he was going to do something to it. I got up to go lock my car and he got up really fast and I punched him in the arm. Not hard...he is over a 100 pds more than me...then he punched me in the face...and left the house for the night...He turned my mother against me and she pretty much told me I deserved what he did to me. I have no one and three kids...I don't know what to do...I need help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• call this number right now:800-799-7233(safe)its anon and they can help. good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:11 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• leave... to punch a woman in the face is horrid... and i mean hitting him wasn't right either, but no.. leave i know its easier said then done, but it don't ever EVER get better, was with a man for 5 yrs and he abused me, and when my daughter saw it happen i said NO more, your kids need a happy home and a happy mother! find a way out hun if you need to talk at all you can message me with any questions
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 12:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• its the national domestic abuse hotline, please please call, if not for you for the kids because no one deserves to live in that type of situation. not you the kids...or even him because he needs help. that doesnt mean you stay while he gets it, go now, the number will have a shelter for you and the kids and they are big nice houses with bedrooms, I promise not scarey.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Well for one, you need to get away from him. Most men will hit again and again. If you feel threatened by him, or you think this is a one time thing, and he did not mean it, then that's a little different...But, if you feel afraid you need to leave. What state do you live in?...There are shelters for women and children that can help you get away and will help you get on your feet financially.......

Sorry to hear that he did that to you...

Get help, and Take care!
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• You need to leave. You do have someone. There are people out there that will help you get out of this. He's abusive and if you stay it will happen again. It takes a battered women on average 7 times to leave her abuser. Don't be one of those women. It will not be easy, but your children they will suffer long term effects of seeing you being abused. And even if they haven't seen with thier eyes the abuse, they hear and sense what is going on. They are the silent victims to domestic violence.
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 12:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• what the first reply said. dont let this go, you need to get safe from him. We have many awesome dv groups here in cm, there are advocates in these groups who you can trust and talk to,,,plus all the amazing ladies who have gone through what you have gone through and have gotten safe,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• not good for kids to see any kind of abuse whatsoever. Physically hitting each other? What kind of role model is that for your kids? Kids learn by what they hear and see. Kids notice EVERYTHING RUN!!! GET OUT FAST!!! GET A DIVORCE AND GO AFTER CHILD SUPPORT
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Get as far away from this man as you can. I cannot believe he would do that. If you don't have family close to you that you can go to, get to a shelter or change the locks and throw his shit on the lawn. Then go to the police and get a restraining order, get to a lawyer and have his ass served divorce papers. You can't let him come back because it will happen again, only worse. And your kids will know about it and THAT will have huge consequences in itself.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:20 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• That is how abuse starts when a person isolates the victim. I would leave right away get safe and work out a plan from there. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I agree with anon 12:18. show your kids this is NOT acceptable and leave and TURN HIM IN! There are places to help you! Don't give him another chance to hit you, he could very well kill you next time. Good luck, take care and take care of those babies!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:24 AM on Jun. 20, 2010