Do you keep a journal?

My mom kept a journal for several years. Starting when her 2nd child was young and ending just months before she died (with several large gaps in between at times).
She never threw the old journals away. My brother and i decided that if she kept them for that long there must of have been a reason for it. We decided to read them (keep your opinions to yourself. i've heard it all). Honestly, i'm very glad i did. I got to know my mom in a way that i wished i could have known her when she was alive. And i got to really realize how much i really was my mothers daughter.

I have started a journal and hope that i can keep one going for a long time. And i will leave a note in my will about those who feel the desire to read them most certainly may.

Do you keep a journal? If you do, what do you plan on doing with it once it is full, or after your time is finished?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 12:30 AM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• would like to but ive tryed and people are just too snoopy though. it gets torn up or thrown away. i would like to write a story of my life and how i can hardly deal with it, been thinking of starting one.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:07 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I've started one many times, first time was about 10 years ago when I was 14 but I never get past one or two entries. I never have time for it. Maybe when my kids are a little older and I'm not always running around I would like to start one and stick to it. I'd like to leave it behind for my children to read when I'm gone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I love to write journals it helps me think and it helps when I cannot write or blog. I like the fact when you write a journal every up and down can be relived and shared. I am glad you got to know your mother threw her journals.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• That happened to my too, only I found out that my mother had an affair with a guy who photographs old bridges. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I did for a while but I just don't really have the time for it anymore. I use to really enjoy keeping a journal and looking back at different states of mind that I was in and how I reacted to things. Maybe one of these days I can get back on track.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I have tried a gazillion times most of my life but they end up neglected after a few pages get written.
    I was the type of girl who had pen pals, wrote poems and songs, and talked to myself while lying alone in a field while watching the butterflies swirl around me, the clouds rolling by, and holding a ladybug on my fingers to feel it tickle me.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:53 AM on Jun. 20, 2010