what would you do?

close relative at one time hasn't spoke to me in 3 weeks because she don't like me to tell her the truth. her husband sent threatening and foul language message on our I M to my hubby and I. We e-mail him back and told him to never do it again because both kids can read. His answer was "Oh well!!" . Refuses to reply to any e-mails nor IM me, etc. Husband isn't inviting her to our kid's birthday party. Kids aren't interested in her, uncle nor their boys. Aunt and Uncle refuse to apologize for hurting kids feelings. I don't agree with their decision. Husband don't want to see them here at our home. trouble would stir. If they come themselves or with someone else, husband will send them away. what would you do? I do miss seeing my nephews. Kids are afraid her husband will call them names and swear at them. I feel I should support my kids and husband and not send any invitation to them. They say they did no wrong.lie

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• what would I do? well unfortunantly you cant do anything. if they are saying they are right, and so are you-there is no room for compromise. I understand missing the nephews as I am in the same boat but you didnt make all this happen. he did with his bad manners. and we cant control a nyone but ourselves right? dont invite them as then t he party is about them and the drama, and thats not fair.... good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:07 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• the first thing i'd do is switch my email to another name and only notify those whom are important to you. (keep it private if yo u can trust others) and hope the drama dyes down and everyone can come to an apology. if not, then family fued will be family feud
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Like my granddaddy used to say "he might call me a SOB, but he'll do it long distance!"...you can't allow that kind of toxic waste around your children. Look at it this way, if they weren't relatives, but complete strangers, would you have any trouble keeping your distance from them? I doubt it. Why should someone get a pass for bad behavior just because they happen to be related?

If you don't want to totally cut ties with them, then place one more phone call. Let them know that you are sorry it has come to this, but you find that behavior to be more than you will allow around your children. If they can't see your side of it and promise never to do that again, then there can be no relationship. Tell them you're sorry. That you will love and miss them and if and when they change their mind, they know how to find you but till then, goodbye. It will hurt, but not as much as dealing with them.

Good luck!!
    SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 4:46 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• My sister and her husband are so unpredictable it isn't even "funny" . I don't have any spare time nor any energy to fuss with them anymore. They can this summer. I have alot of other important things in my life to live for. Love people but don't need them.
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 9:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• oops!!! void statement they can this summer in above post.
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 9:57 AM on Jun. 25, 2010