Co-sleeper recommendations? (The specific product you would recommend?)

I'm thinking about this one. One thing I like is the storage at the bottom, and the wheels to move it around the house. But I haven't taken the time to research co-sleepers, so I don't know what to look for, really. In terms of having the baby "in" the bed with me, but no danger of rolling over on him, hitting him, my blankets suffocating him, etc.

Thanks!

http://www.armsreach.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_12&products_id=105

Jill97

Asked by Jill97 at 12:57 AM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• IMO, that's not co-sleeping... It isn't any different than having him in a bassinet next to your bed... My kids sleep right in the bed with me, no products, just baby and mama... Otherwise it defeats the entire purpose.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I think the best co sleeping option is the baby positioner with the raised sides, sorry cant think of the name. But please take the time to research because there are so many safe options out there . also be sure to read the recommended list of people who should NOT co-sleep. I know a couple things are if you smoke, take meds, are over weight...all these things can attribute to sleeping so deeply you dont know when you roll on baby. good luck with your search :).
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:04 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• my dd slept in my bed. no co sleeping products. but i also wake up every couple of hours, i have no idea why i just do. so i would check on her often. shes now in her own bed has been since 18 months. but we didnt have any co sleeping products.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• when he was still a newborn, we rolled up blankets to cushion him on both sides and then rolled up a thicker blanket to put behind my husband cuz he's a deep/restless sleeper. Now, he sleeps between us no problem. It makes it so easy to feed him in the middle of the night. Plus he doesn't like his crib.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 7:11 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• We just had DD in bed with us, with this next one we will be side-carring the crib between our bed and the wall because of some health problems DH is having. This is a good explanation of how one family did it: http://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/index.htm  Saves you money on a side-sleeping bassinett that you will only use for a few months, and when the baby is ready to sleep on their own all you have to do is put the front rails on the crib.

preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 8:49 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• If you are breastfeeding it is safe to have baby in bed with you. Check out the info/guidelines at Should I sleep with my baby?

I have slept with all of my babies but always liked having a co-sleeper or "Side car" crib so that I could move baby onto their own "space" some times, but still be able to reach over and pull them in bed to nurse. We have a mini co-sleeper similar to the one you show, and used it for the first 6 months with baby #3, them moved her to a side car crib.

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2010