would you ask if anyone is up for babysitter we could use often on craiglist?

you know...cause craigslist is kind of a huge network and full of weirdo's but if you were to do interviews before hiring?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I just wanted to write on this subject for you. I have been hired as a sitter through craigslist twice now. I posted my own babysitting ad the first time and the second time I responded to a mother asking for a sitter. We've all become good friends. It can be a positive experience if you do some research on who you are hiring and definitely do some extensive interviews. Make sure you get references and CALL them! Ask them detailed questions about things that concern you about your child's well being. Some families really don't have a choice other than to put their name out there and hope someone can help. If you're new to the area or just don't know of anyone willing to sit for you it's very difficult to find someone. So I don't think it's a bad decision to use an online network like CL as long as you're safe and extremely cautious about who you're dealing with. Good luck and BE SAFE! :)
    KangaBear

Answer by KangaBear at 8:28 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• i would if you did a background check, for 20 dollars you can get a background check on a person
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• nope..to many creeps out there
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 7:04 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• we have found several really great babysitters/nannies on craigslist.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 7:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• HECK NO! Go to your local red cross and they have a babysitter list!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• We found our last babysitter through craigslist-- and she was GREAT. It was wonderful. A phone interview, a face-to-face interview, checking references and background check is all it took. DD was in her care every day for an entire school year.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 9:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• We found our sitter on craig's list, she is great. We interviewed her, checked references and did a background check.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• My good friend and mother to two children posted an AD on Craigslist for a home babysitter. I also helped her make cute little signs to post around the neighborhood for people to see. Her 2 year old daughter helped up by putting random hand prints on the poster board, you can't beat that kind of genuineness!

As long as you're super careful and stick to your gut instinct, Craigslist has a lot of great people on it! I can't stress enough to be careful though! Meet in person, check out where they'll be of course, ask specific questions about snacks, activities, lessons, how many children will be there, and also if they know CPR.
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:54 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Not in my area. Every time you place an ad on Craigslist, it's swarming with weirdo's!!! Stay away from that. Use Care.com, local churches, schools, university early childhood studies has excellent references!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jun. 20, 2010