I hate fathers day, it makes me sad?

I hate the my daughters father walked away from her at 4 months old and didnt look back. I hate that he can wake up everyday and know he has a daughter who lives 15 minutes from him and never calls to say hello, are you alive or anything. I hate that he is bringing a new child in the world, whom he is so proud of but yet looks at mines and doesnt smile. I have hated this day since she has been born. Its not fair to her that she isnt ever gonna know what a fathers love feels like. And every fathers day I feel like less of mom because I couldnt provide my daughter with the one thing every child should have, a father.
Im sorry I just needed to get out that. Maybe one fathers day I wont cry over this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Jun. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Get used to it, and then get over it, our oldest hasn't seen or heard from his biodad for the past 8 yrs. Your daughter will see how upset you are and feed off of it. Make it a special day for the both of you. You have been Mom, and Dad, so it's your day too...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:25 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Oh hon...geez I have an ex too. I know how much it hurts that he isnt who you thought he was, and that he has moved on and spawned himself once again. They dont change hon, he is the same guy. He might act the part, but inside he is still the same looser you walked away from. He doesnt deserve your dd. Maybe celebrate the day tomorrow with dd and the fact that she didnt get stuck with a looser father. You walked away and you continue to protect her from him. Happy independence from an ass day to you my friend!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• To anonymous complaining about Mrs Leftlane- I don't think she meant anything mean by her post. I didn't take it as her being a bitch at all. It looks like you might have over reacted?

To the OP- I'm sorry you are feeling this way. And I agree that every child should have a father but in reality that doesn't happen in every case. You are both mom and dad to your daughter. I know many kids who have grown up without a father and they are great people because they had a mom who filled both roles well. You can so that for your daughter. Show her that yes, we sometimes make mistakes but if you learn from them that things will turn out ok in the end. Good luck!
    MamaLori

Answer by MamaLori at 2:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I suspect that your daughter will grow  up much better without this negative influence in her life. Keep your daughter surrounded by people who love her. It really does take a village to raise a child.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:07 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I think your daughter is now in a much better position. Think of what she might have learned from him if he had stuck around - probably nothing good. Isn't there any other adult male who has had an influence on her? I had my grandfather and several family friends that were "fathers" to me since my father wasn't around. Celebrate them!! If you don't want to do that, make it a special day for just the two of you. Like a pp said, she is going to feed off of your emotions. Make it a positive day for her by looking at all of the good that is in her life. Go and do something really girly that maybe she couldn't normally do on father's day if her father was around.
    mupt02

Answer by mupt02 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Then celebrate mothers day #2 like I do. The kids give me mothers day cards again, and we celebrate it just like the first one of the year---lol.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I agree with the pps.....Today is YOUR day, since you fulfill both roles. Forget him...your daughter is better off without him and is lucky to have a mom who loves her so much!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2010