Your Baby Can Read!

Your Baby Can Read!
How many of you moms have bought it and used it? And what are you thoughts on it. I've been thinking about buying it for my daughter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Most experts agree that it's a crock. You CAN teach them to read, but you spend an inordinate amount of time doing so. Time that could be spent on more developmentally appropriate activities. If you just wait until they are developmentally ready around age 4, it takes MUCH less time! Why does a baby need to read anyway?

Answer by missanc at 6:58 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• That is just teaching memorization.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:27 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I don't have the complete system, just the videos. I don't think that it works. It did help my LO's vocabulary. I totally believe in the leap frog DVD's. Talking letter factory, talking words factory, etc. My LO at the end of 1 month could tell you all of the letters of the alphabet and what sounds they make. At 2 she is actually trying to sound out all of the letters to words and trying to read. I wish you luck and don't waste your money.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:31 AM on Jun. 20, 2010