Your Baby Can Read!

Your Baby Can Read!
How many of you moms have bought it and used it? And what are you thoughts on it. I've been thinking about buying it for my daughter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my sisters SIL gave this to her and she uses it on her dd shes 2, and she seems to be learning some stuff from it, i havent really seen her do anything yet but i havent really seen her in a whle lol.

her mom said she likes it though shes only been using it for a short time

im gonna borrow it for her for my 16 month old
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:48 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I have not tried it but i have heard a lot of people that say its bs and doesn't work at all...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• The reviews on the Your Baby Can Read convinced me it definately wasn't the right product for us. Check out the Rock N Learn Series instead. After hours of research & comparison between Your Baby Can Read, Hooked on Phonics, Leap Frog I came up w/ Rock N Learn. It was developed by a speech pathologist & uses phonics, upper & lower case letters (many of the other series only use one or the other & this is a problem when kids start reading cuz if they learned all their letters in capitals & all the words are in lower case...). Could rave on & on & on & on about this product & it actually helps your child learn vs memorize flash cards. DD's 13 mo & doesn't "watch" tv, I'll turn it on in the background while she's playing & she'll stop for a bit & watch & play along to the songs & dance.
    http://rocknlearn.com/
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:46 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• We did not use it. I will say this - reading is a developmental skill that requires specific connections to be made in the brain before a child is ready to take off and go. Some kids will pick up reading early. Others, while incredibly bright and future bookworms won't read until grade school. The push to get kids reading early can be detrimental in that it makes something that *should* be fun a stressor. You don't need fancy learning systems to teach a child to read. Read together. Put aside book time daily. REmember reading is more than books. Read signs. Read shopping lists. Play with word games. Incorporate letter sounds into your games (I Spy, 20 questions, etc are great for this.) I had two early readers (DS was 2 1/2. DD was less than 4.) We did nothing other than what I said here. They read when they were ready and they picked it up simply by being exposed to books and words from day 1.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2010