I KNOW I have to lose weight!

I know I have to drop almost half my body weight. I would like to get a breast reduction to make this task a lot easier and safer. I could black out an eye with these tata's. My doctor said it was a tough choice, that I may have to it redone after I lose all the weight. Even with the very best exercise bra, the girls have to held up by crossing my arms over my chest to keep them in place. Not to mention the extra 40 lbs of chest to toss around.

Would you get a partial, and then do the fine tuning after I get to my target weight. I will probably have to have a tummy tuck from all the extra skin. I feel like the saggy baggy elephant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Good for you for making this change! Im in a similar boat as you so I know it seems daunting, especially with the girls in the way all the time but it DOES get easier, I promise! I would wait until you are down to a reasonable weight before having a reduction. That way you only have to under the knife once and they know what theyre working with better. Plus recovery time will be MUCH easier and quicker and if you are in better shape. Drink LOTS of water. You dont have to run 5 miles a day to get results. Do yoga, swimming, aerobics, walk instead of take the stairs. Every bit of activity helps. Good luck!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 10:39 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I would lose the weight first. You can do it with walking, you don't need to jog or do jumping jacks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Your best bet is to just lose the weight first. Your boobs will get smaller as you get smaller too. I would suggest losing it slowly, give your skin time to adjust and you might not end up with a bunch of extra hanging skin. But I'm not sure if that has ever been proven, so you might need to do some research. And I agree with the first anon, just start out walking every day, maybe 2 - 3 small walks a day to keep your fat burning going. I would also recommend doing some resistance training as well, the more muscles your body has the more fat it burns. Good luck!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:39 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• i agree with the other response and dont starve yourself. you can actually eat whatever within moderation but in much smaller portions. buy smaller plates and fill them full. It tells your brain oh look i have a full plate and when you are done eating your (should feel content not full) your brain will say i just ate a full plate of food. as your metabolism gets back up there as your stomach shrinks your plate will make you feel even fuller and you will drop the weight quickly. It worked for me as well i couldnt get rid of baby weight after i had my daughter. also dont get discouraged if for like 2 months the scale doesnt say you have lost weight because you will lose inches and thats the main thing. muscle weighs more then fat so it will take some time before that scale tips. i would wait for surguries till after cuz you may not even need it. buy a colligen lotion with vitamin e that should help tighten skin
    sam123333

Answer by sam123333 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• No I wouldn't get it done first...it's a lot of money just to turn around and have to have it done again. I would do it when you have your tummy tuck though....kill two birds with one stone! lol
    Choose some exersizes that don't bounce your tatas! lol Swimming, power walking, resistance bands....yoga. Don't forget the diet! Wieght Watchers is my favorite, and something I believe is realistic/healthy enough that it can easily be worked into an everyday diet when you've lost all your weight.
    good luck to you mama!!!!! xoxoxo
    Anonymous