just got 3 month old ears pierced

been two days..........when can i change these ones out for new pairs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 AM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• after 14 days i believe. Did they not tell you? You can always call her pedi or the place you got them done and ask.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:37 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• yes its two weeks to the day that u can change the earings out for new ones
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:44 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• aye you effing kidding?
    That poor baby... omg.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Actually its very okay that a baby gets their ears pierced that young. They cant feel their earlobes yet so it doesnt hurt them. The reason they cry is because the gun is loud and it startles them. They also have a better chance of getting used to the metals they use to pierce ears and end up not being allergic to them latter on in life. But when we did them we adviced the mom to leave them in for 6 months so that they didnt risk them getting infected.
    sam123333

Answer by sam123333 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• ooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk sam
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• "They cant feel their earlobes yet so it doesnt hurt them."

Are you serious with that statement?! Skin has nerve endings....so, yes a baby can feel it. Many people get their baby's ears pierced at the pediatrician's office where they use a straight needle, not a gun.

You need to wait until baby's ears heal, so you don't infect them. I think a minimum of 3 weeks would be better.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 11:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I got my daughter's pierced at 10 weeks and will keep the piercing earrings in until she is ready to pick out her own earrings.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Geeez guys. Either way if they feel it or not, getting your ears pierced only hurts for a second if that, so big deal. I'm sure shots and getting circumcised hurts more. So the way I think about it, getting your little princesses ears pierce and over with when she is a baby, she would probably thank you for it when shes older. Plus it looks cute on baby girls.
    Anonymous

• you can ask people that peirce ears. dont take my word for it if you dont want to. its kind of like achilds eyesight not being fully developed till they are least 8 yrs old.
    sam123333

Answer by sam123333 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• " They cant feel their earlobes yet so it doesnt hurt them."

That is so wrong. Do you also know until the 1980's it was widely thought that babies didn't feel pain so they would perform open heart surgery on sedated infants with NO anethetic to numbe the pain. Then they wondered why babies died of shock after the surgeries.

Recent studies have proven that babies nerves work and YES THEY DO FEEL PAIN.

To answer the OP's question though, I thought you couldn't remove earrings for 6 weeks. I had mine double peirced and clearly remember with each peircing that they said to leave the same earrings in for 6 weeks.
    Anonymous