How can I get my 4yr old to use the potty?

She has a little potty. She has used it but not all the time. We started to but Pull Ups and we call them underwear but she pees and poops in them. She just turned 4 she will start school in two yrs. She wants to ride on the bus but we tell her she can't ride the bus or start school till she wears big girl panties. We don't have the money to keep going out and buying her things just to get her to go potty. What can I do?

elizabethsmom27

Asked by elizabethsmom27 at 4:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's summer take her out the back yard and let her play nude every 30 minutes put her on the potty do this for 2 days straight it works i know it sounds crazy but it really does work. my DD yurned 2 in may she is fully trained since 20 months old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• she knows that pullups are just the same as diapers. kids are pretty smart just buy her panties and tell her that she has to use the potty now. you can do other rewards other then buying her things like sticker charts or watching a fav tv show or even a piece of candy or a cookie. be creative.
    sam123333

Answer by sam123333 at 10:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2010