how do i relieve constipation for my 3 month old baby

i have not really changed anything in her daily ruteen except for the fact that i have been giving her peaches at dinner time but she doesnt eat very much of it at one time the doctor told me to give her some prune juice but she wont drink even a little bit of it so what else is there to do?

jennaann27

Asked by jennaann27 at 8:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• rubbing his tummy will help where it feels hard like a rock getting his legs moving like pushing them gently up to his chest and back out giving him a little bit of water and gas drops. you might want to make sure that his poopy just isnt stuck and he cant push it out. it maybe gross but if its just stuck you may have to help pull it out alittle to help him go.
    sam123333

Answer by sam123333 at 8:25 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• sorry i dont know why i kept saying him.
    sam123333

Answer by sam123333 at 8:27 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• She is much too young for solids. Stick with breastmilk until six months, then a bit of avocado mashed with breastmilk.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:11 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• my pedi told me to five 2 oz of gerber (or other 100%) not watered down prune apple juice. you can give it to her 3 times in one day, but no more then 3. it worked for my daughter after one serving. gl
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:11 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• try a little apple juice if she wont drink ne prune..
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• or just apple juice. i gave water to my other daughter and that helped to. i dont think it would be the peaches causing it, it would help her to go
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:13 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Constipation isn't lack of going. Constipation is hard, pellets of stool that are difficult and painful to pass. If she's not in any pain, just wait for the copious amounts to come out.

She' too young for solids. Babies can not digest solids, they don't have the digestive maturity. You will give them a stomach ache. Ever eaten something that didn't agree with you and then had to run to the bathroom? It's unpleasant and unnecessary.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• PEAR JUICE PEAR JUICE !!! TWO OZ PEAR JUICE TO ONE PART WATER ! my son was super constipated and it cleared him out nicely !
    ryansmommy07

Answer by ryansmommy07 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• my son had awful reful. We took him to a Gastro Dr and because they had put him on rice cereal in his bottles to keep him from spitting up he was so constipated. The Dr's told me to put dark, and only dark Karo Syrup in the bottle. No more than 3 tsp and spread it out over 3 bottles..so 1 tsp per bottle 3 times per day. It worked wonders. No, I was not crazy about giving my baby either the rice cereal or the Kyro syrup but I was even less excited about him not breathing when he'd spit up and it would come out of his nose and mouth at the same time and he'd nearly choke to death....so in short...the Kyro syrup does work if nothing else will.
    hichoney

Answer by hichoney at 4:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I agree with the above poster completely....DARK Karo syrup...1 teaspoon up to 3 times daily worked wonders for my little one. Also, it seems to be helping keep hiccups to a minimum as well.

As we are advocating giving your baby a substance that isn't exactly food, please talk to your doctor before giving it to the baby. Your doctor may be aware of a sensitivity or allergy that we are not. Also, your doctor may want you to do some things before altering your baby's diet....Like he/she may want you to cut some of the most common food items out of your OWN diet for a couple weeks. Your baby could be constipated as a result of your diet if you are breastfeeding.
    CAMKsMom

Answer by CAMKsMom at 4:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2010