hi im pregnant but my doctor told me that my progeteron is goin down but still in the normal, they did a sonogram and saw an empty sac for the weeks that im (6) or she said that could be a (4) weeks sac and that they caculate wrong but she did not gime anything to keep my progesteron at the same level or more what can i do something that i could eat please something i dont want to loose my baby couse all they other test came good :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I dont think you will lose the baby. But doctors can be very wrong. Depending on your way of life and such can factor that in. Thats why an ESTIMATED DUE DATE is just that an estimation. Its not always right. Thats why they say you can deliver anywhere between 38 weeks and 39 weeks. If you are taking your prenatil vitamins and eating right and taking it easy I dont think that you will have aproblem. If doctors not concerned you shouldnt be either. With my first they didnt know how far along I was because I wa on the depo shot so I didnt have a period. Some of her features more ahead then other features. It's just a waiting game. If you get too stressed out about this you will be at a higher risk to MC. Just relax and go with it.
    sam123333

Answer by sam123333 at 8:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• There isn't anything you can eat to raise your progesterone level.There's always,unfortunately,the possibility of a false pregnancy. The sac and placenta will develop without a fetus. I hope all goes well for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• all you can do is relax, put your feet up, take it easy and pray honey. i am praying for you right now.......
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:02 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• ((HUGS))- I'm sorry you are going through this. There are two possibilities: the first is that you are just not as far along as you thought you were. The second is that you are as far along as you thought you were but the pregnancy is not developing. Unfortunately there is no way to help a pregnancy that is not developing properly- most of the causes of early losses are genetic. As my doctor described it to me when I went through it, a fertilized egg is like the blueprint of a house. All the instructions needed to make a house need to be in the original blueprint. Otherwise, when you start building the directions will be incomplete and you'll eventually have to stop. Progesterone is a hormone that supports the lining of the uterus and sometimes doctors will prescribe it to women who have a history of low progesterone or bleeding- but it's not a 'fix' for m/c. Unfortunately early m/c does not have a 'fix.'
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Two followups are usually done in these cases: the first is sequential beta hcg testing- going for two blood tests 48 hours apart and looking at how much the pregnancy hormones in your system have increased. This isn't foolproof but is a potential indication of whether or not a pregnancy is developing normally. Usually in a normal pregnancy hormone levels will roughly double between 48-72 hours. In a pregnancy that is not developing normally, numbers may drop or may increase but not double. The other thing is to do another u/s in a few days or a week and see if there is any more growth and development. Did your doctor book you for either of these tests? If not, I would ask for them- they should give you a clearer picture of where you stand. ((HUGS)) and wishing you the best. I've been there too and know how hard the waiting and the not knowing can be.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:21 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• thanks a lot for everithing !!!!! KISS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jun. 20, 2010