How do groups fund party prizes?

Our Cafe Mom group is going to be creating a new forum in the next couple of weeks, and we are going to be hosting a premier party. Somehow, I would like to incorporate prizes into the party, but I do not want all of the monetary burden to fall on me. To moms out there who have awarded prizes within your groups before, how did you fund these prizes, and what suggestions do you have? I wasn't sure if it would be appropriate (or legal!) to solicit local businesses (such as McDonalds, etc.) to obtain $5 or $10 gift cards as prizes. In return, I was thinking about creating an ad forum on our site where I would develop an ad for the business and provide a link to their corporate site. Any ideas or suggestions???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Jun. 20, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Contact CafeMom (links at the bottom of every page); though they may only pay for prizes in groups that are owned by CM

Answer by rkoloms at 9:39 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• OP here... I sent them a note. Thanks for the suggestion, rkoloms! :-)
    Anonymous

• I think your ideas are great. you can print flyers in the invite friends link at the top of the page. Another great way is ask your group members to sponsor a post. If they have a business they offer product or gift certificate for a specific post.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2010