someone make me go clean my house. I have zero motivation.

It's a disgusting wreck and needs to be done but I just can't seem to make myself do it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• What ever you do, you had better hurry. Child services will be there in about an hour and they're not friendly to people with messy house's. Hurry...............................!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• the motivation for me is that if i don't clean it roaches and mice etc might come in my house(I hate roaches!) and that I don't want my 9months old dd getting into something that can harm her.i have to clean right now
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Start with one thing, something that will make a big difference. When my 4 year old is dragging his feet about cleaning his room I tell him to pick up his soft toys first. He has a couple of big ones like the biggest size Toy Story T-rex that the Disney store sells (crazy but it was $8, couldn't resist!) so picking them up makes a huge impact and makes the rest of the job seem easy.

In the kitchen I would get all dishes in the dishwasher or hand-washed then clear the counters. In bedrooms I'd pick up all the laundry and straighten the beds. In the bathroom I'd clear the vanity and wipe it down. If you have a lot of junk lying around that's meant to be elsewhere then grab a laundry basket. Go around a room and pick up anything that isn't meant to be there and put it in the basket. I'd put it outside the room for now and finish the room before putting the contents of the basket away. Pick a focus and stick with it.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 10:32 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Maybe you just need a little help to get you motivated. I know when my house gets to a certain point I feel overwhelmed and give up. If you can get a couple others to help you tackle the mess it will be easier then you can do everyday up -keep to keep it from getting out of hand. Good Luck :-)
    marilyp

Answer by marilyp at 10:38 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Put on some funky music and dance yourself through it!!!

Answer by older at 10:44 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• When I really need to clean I invite company over. lol That totally gets me motivated.
    Call some friends and invite them over for a cookout tonight. That'll get you moving! :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:44 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• When I feel that way I watch an episode of either "how clean is your house" or that hoarders show....after watching just one episode I feel motivated!

Oh and also when I think someone may pop over for a visit! LOL convince yourself that you may have Sunday afternoon company! hahahaha!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:47 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Don't clean your house. DO NOT CLEAN YOUR HOUSE! It is too much. Clean one room. Clean one area. Clean the bathroom. When you have finished you will have a collectively clean set of rooms which happens to be your house. When we get behind, fragment our plan. A house is overwhelming, but a room is manageable.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Turn on the radio to your favorite music. I listen to internet radio and blast it. Or put on a bunch of cds and press scramble. For me its easier listening to my favorite tunes and pretending I can sing while cleaning lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I just waited for hubby to do it. I know thats horrible since it is Father's Day
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:20 AM on Jun. 20, 2010