Has anyone ever had a really tough time coming to an agreement on a baby name?

How tough....did it get down to your in the hospital still trying to figure it out?

I am worried if this baby is a boy that hubby and I will never agree!

Girls names are much easier for us, there are several we both like.

Worried we may never have a boy name!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Have you both sat down and made lists and then tried to see if you both had any that matched? LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:49 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• My middle son went un-named for 3 days. We went back and forth between Nicholas and Matthew. We decided to just call him #2. Then we chose a name. It fit him to a tee.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• My 4th son went un-named until the day we left the hospital. The nurse came in that moring and told me that I was being discharged and I really needed to name the baby and fill out the birth certificate :-)
    We knew from the time I was 6 months along that I was having a boy, but we just could not agree on a name that we both liked. Finally, I gave in and allowed my husband to pick his first name and I chose his middle name.
    He's now 2 yrs old, and it's a topic that always seems to come up with friends and family. We laugh and joke about how we "finally" came up with his name.
    BTW - his name is Wyatt Stephen :-)
    4bridges

Answer by 4bridges at 11:02 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Sort of. But then I said I'm the one that has had to suffer with morning sickness, backaches, lack of appetite, exhaustion and having a c-section (all while dealing with our other kids) so I get final say. Oh well.
    Luckily my husband isn't that into the naming thing. He gave his opinions but it's not that important to him in the grand scheme of things.
    He actually got no say in our 4th child. He was being a real dick the whole pregnancy and anytime I brought up names he would change the subject so when she was born I named her what I wanted without consulting him at all. He got over it.
    This time I just kept bugging him until he agreed to the name I liked, lol. We don't know what we're having (got a little over 3 weeks until the baby comes) but it will probably be Jack or Kylie.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Yes, we COULD not agree on a boy's name....thank goodness we had a girl!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I'm with BridgetC on this one, we literally could NOT agree on a boys name.. he had his heart set on a name that I really hated, so every name I thought of he turned down.. again, it was a good thing we had a girl.

And now that she is TWO and we're talking about possibly TTC sometime in the near (or far) future, we were talking about names yesterday and we finally agreed on a boy name that is NOT the name he had his heart set on. So, had DD been a boy, she would have been nameless for two full years before we agreed on a name for her. LOL
    Anonymous