So I guess I am the most aweful mom in the world huh?

I mean I gave my kids formula, I circ'd my son. pierced my daughters ears, I let my 6 year old have soda, I don't buy organic, I get WIC and daycare assistance, I work, My 2 and a half year old(24 pounds) is forward facing in a built in car seat. I mean dang, I must be awful!! Someone call CPS! lol. I do what I felt was right for my kids. Think what you will. :0) Have a great day!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jun. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• It was a sarcastic post ladies. Anyone can see that. It is because of the posters who say moms who use formula are using poison, moms who use a front facing carseat are wrong and goign to kill their child, moms who circumsize are horribly deforming their sons, moms who are on PA are lazy, moms who let their kids drink soda are awful and need to learn nutrition...I could go on and on. It is the fact that all these moms on here are so quick to criticize others instead of being supportive like this site was meant for.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 11:57 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Wow, judgmental and bitchy much. I hope that you can live with all your choices and nothing happens to make you regret just doing the bare minimum for your kids. Since you seem to want everyone to know you haven't tried real hard, you must be proud of that to post it in such a matter.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:58 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• lol. Yeah people around here can be mean. Proof positive above. I don't see anything you listed as the 'bare min' Nothing you listed is illegal or life threatening. I'm sure you love your kids. Sorry of you are having a bad day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Are your kids alive and happy?

If so your doing a good job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I was implying about the way she posted it in such a bitchy manner that implied that she didn't do some of the things that other mom's on here do. Like we all try too hard to protect and do the best that we can for our kids, but, she just did whatever she felt like doing and her kids "are just fine".
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:04 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Welcome to the club. There actually used to be a group here for the "horrible" moms.
    According to a lot of women on this site I did/do everything wrong with my kids...from formula feeding, CIO, teaching independence at a young age, refusing to entertain my kids (in other words they have to find stuff to do on their own and I don't sit around playing with them all day), letting them play outside alone (and go to the park on their own), making them clean up after themselves and do chores without an allowance, expecting them to be able to do things for themselves, etc.
    Guess my mom was a "horrible" mom, too, because I'm raising my kids the way she raised us (but with less alcohol consumption and more chores, lol). I always thought my mom was the best.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Yeah I get that in here too sometimes. I did a post recently about teen dd and I argueing over air. It was meant to be funny, and I was looking for moms who had teens to relate with me. I got jumped on for it. I was told to grow up and that I was the mother in this situation. It can be brutal in here if you take it too seriously
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Did you feel you had to join the bandwagon or something? There are so many moms posting CRAP like this, it's ridiculous. Get over yourself, and if you don't want it to be a big deal, don't make it a big deal. Congrats...you just made a bigger fool of yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Obviously you don't think you're a bad mom, so why post something like this?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• IT CAN BE BRUTAL IN HERE IF YOU TAKE IT TOO SERIOUSLY...nice job anon 54
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jun. 20, 2010