Father's day...

I have 2 kids with my ex-husband. He is NOT the best dad in the world, he does NOT have their best interest at heart. I very well could have done all of this without him(other than conceiving) and he deserves little to no praise for being a dad in the first place because he's hardly ever around.

Does anyone else have one of these?
Isn't it infuriating that if we don't wish them a happy father's day that we're the bitches but them being dads when it's convenient for them deserves praise.
Being a mom is expected, being a dad is amazing and every dad(worthy or not) gets all of this praise. Save the praise for the dads who actuallu deserve it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree. I wanted to text my moms ex(my brothers dad) and say F U. Just because it's father's day and he was my daddy and left me AND my brother. Lucky for him I don't have his number. Anyway I'm with you! My DD's daddy is a stupid man and got himself intot trouble and he's in jail but he is a great daddy. Yeah yeah he was doing something illegal he's not a great daddy. Well when his kids love him and can not wait until they can soend everyday with him again and can tell you every single feild trip(my step sons are in school) he has gone on, school functions he was there, clas plays etc etc. Anyway it sucks either way weather they can be there and aren't or want to and can't be!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2010