Has this ever happened to anyone? I'm so bummed. :(

My engagement ring has 6 diamonds and I just noticed one of the diamonds is missing. This sucks! Is this common?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you can go to a jewler and have it replaced.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• My mom...and it was one of the bigger ones on the ring...ugh. Make sure you have it checked/tightened often so you can prevent the others from falling out...and get it cleaned too!
    My husband and I went to get our rings cleaned and re-plated, and the jeweler was checking my ring and she told me to come over and took her little tweezer things, pushed my center stone and it literally swung back and forth in it's setting! Glad I took it in or it would have popped out!!!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I had a promise ring and I lost a diamond in it and got it replaced.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 1:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• It's always good to take it to the jeweler periodically and let them clean it and look for loose settings. Sorry you lost it. Did you have insurance on it?

Answer by admckenzie at 1:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• It's common for diamonds/stones to fall out. You wear it everyday. Bang it on things, wash dishes, clean, take care of kids, garden, etc. Your ring is bound to get beaten up, which leads to stones loosening and eventually falling out. Take it to the jeweler and see what they can do.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I have a beautiful opal and ruby ring that one of the opals fell out. It was the only expensive piece of jewelry I have ever purchased for myself. I brought it to a jeweler and he said it could be replaced, but it would be expensive to find a matching stone and opals are hard to replace because they are fragile and are easily breakable. He quoted me a price to replace the stone, that was double what I paid for the ring. D:
    I am soooo sad about it. I still have the ring, but every time I look at it I get sad.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I'm sorry. IDK. This is my first time around the block, so IDK if it's common. I still have all my 10 diamonds. (You just made me freak, and I checked LOL)
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 2:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• My engagement ring (10 years old) has had to have one 1/2 carat trillion shaped diamond replaced due to a crack. It has also had to have 3 little round diamonds tightened. I caught all of the diamonds before they fell out. Having them tightened was no big deal. My engagement ring has a lifetime warranty so all of the work and the replacement diamond was covered under warranty. All of my jewelry I check periodically to make sure all the gemstones are secure in the mountings.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2010