Have you ever had your dog's bark taken out?

Ive heard you can remove your dog's bark. I just don't understand what the point of having a dog is, if all you're going to do is take out its bark? I mean the whole point of having a dog is so that they can alert you if there's an intruder in the yard or some kinda rodent. Plus they're dogs. They're supposed to bark. I just think it's retarted that people do that.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 1:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Pets

• thats cruel
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• HELL NO I WANT DO THAT , THATS TOO DAM MEAN !
    Anonymous

• I'm dogsitting and I've never considered it...until about 3:30 this morning when he wouldn't stop barking and nothing seemed to be wrong.
    Anonymous

• How funny, as I was going to type my response, I can hear my neighbors cat outside. He has this cry like a baby and he is soooo loud. Just sits on the steps all day crying cause he wants to go back inside. I have watched that dog whisperer show and he has got some great tips for all sorts of issues concerning dogs. I would start there before I did that to my dog. I wish he had tips for cat owners too!
    Anonymous

• Dogs bark, just like ppl talk and babies cry. If someone can't accept that, they should get a dog!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 2:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I didn't even know you could do that but no, I just ignore them when they get like that our dogs do that all the time. But no I wouldn't do that to a dog. tehy can be trained no to bark if it really gets annoying.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• i wouldn't do anything to my dogs that i wouldn't do to my kids.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 2:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• You think that is "Retarted" if they do? I hate it when people use that word but they usually spell it correctly. You know...retarDed. But anyway, IS the dog's bark the man reason for having a dog? To alert us to danger? LOL. More paranoia here....who do you suppose is coming after you?
    NO,I wouldn't "remove the dog's bark" . That would be cruel. But I have a dog for companionship and to take on walks because that is healthy for me and the dog.
    Anonymous

• I think that should be classified as animal cruelty. How would someone felt if they got their voice taken out because people were sick of them talking?(doesnt sound so bad to me for a few LOL JK) I would never do something like that to one of my animals. My df is mad bc our puppy never barks lol.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• does the vet give gift certificates for that? I want one for my neighbors!
    Anonymous