Why do I constanty have family members bringing me down?

I can't get a damn break. It doesn't matter if I see them weekly or yearly.. at least one of them seems to want to pick a fight with me. I don't even say shit to them to begin with. God I'm so sick of it.. I just want to tell them all to GO TO HELL! but it would only stir MORE shit, I have enough problems!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• TELL THEM TO F--K OFF THATS WHAT I DID !
    Anonymous

• sounds to me like you allow them to have to much influence and control in your life.

MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 2:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• you sound just like me!!!
    Anonymous

• They bring you down because you let them.
    My family ALWAYS complains they never see me enough, but I have a lot on my plate and they try to start a fight by bringing it up everytime I see them. Just smile and laugh and then brush it off.
    Don't let them do it anymore. If they try and start a fight or argument, IGNORE IT. That's what I do.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 2:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Let me say something about this do not listen to them it only feeds the crap they say. Let it go and move on. You have to tell them no. I stopped my mother from doing this she disrespects me in front of my kids and it became hard for them to take and made them cry a couple of times. I just stopped dealing with the family members that would say the nasty stuff I just say well how is your life and when they say good and I say mine is good as well. this shuts down conversation. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2010