Rape....

Hi, I'm posting anonymous because I don't want my friends to know who I am, nor do I welcome unkind or smart alec comments - please... this isn't the time for that. I just wanted to see if any rape crisis volunteers could help answer my questions...

It's been a week or so, but I have several blood blisters and some discoloration from apparent bruising. (Bruises and blood blisters on vulva & labia.) One of the blisters bled profusely and is still healing. Is that enough to show as proof of rape/sexual assault?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Health

• YES ! I HOPE U CALLED THE POLICE AND TOLD THEM WHO DID IT AND FILL CHARGES ON HIS SORRY ASS ! I WAS RAPED 2 TIMES !
    Anonymous

• Go to the nearest ER NOW!!!! Report the monster who did this to you and get help ASAP!!! I wish you the best.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:15 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• yes. you should go to the hospital and tell them you need a rape kit done. i'm pretty sure it's free in every state.
    Anonymous

• Do you still have any of the clothes that you where wearing during the attack? They can get DNA evidence if you do. The police can get all sorts of evidence still, so please report this now. There are rape crisis hot lines with advocactes that will help you. Im so sorry
    Anonymous

• Thank you ladies ... I've not sought medical help yet, because of my situation that makes it very complicated and difficult. I do not have the clothing still. All I have are the physical injuries ...that's one main reason I've not gone to a doctor, because I'm not sure if they will believe me and I'm in no condition to be ridiculed.

I am seeking counseling, though.
    Anonymous

I hope they believe you but even if they don't, you still need to get medical treatment. Go to a hospital that's farther away if that helps.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Not really. It really just shows that you had some sort of sex.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Rape kits are only good immediately after the assault. They take dna samples which you probably have washed off now and give you a shot to prevent pregnancy. You also need to be tested for std's. The longer you wait the less credible your story. I'm not saying it didn't happen but a good defense attorney might just say it was consensual sex that was rough. Call a local rape crisis center to see what the laws are in your state. I'm sure you can still file but don't waste more time worrying what others might think. It's not their job to think, it's their job to gather evidence and present it for a trial.
    Anonymous