is it safe to use hair gel in a 6 month olds hair?

his hair is sticking up every where and makes him look like a wild child. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what do you think hair gel is made of that would make it harmful?
    Anonymous

• It's safe, but I still wouldn't do it. He only has a few years where he gets to not care what his hair looks like - why cut those out?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Use a little bit of baby lotion
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Yes, it's safe. Use it sparingly and be sure he doesn't get a chance to eat any.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• It is hard to wash out and it can pull out the hair. I agree with Sabrina...just leave it and make sure to take lots of pictures. You WILL want pictures to remember what he looked like at this age, if you put in the gel, likely you will say why didn't I just let it go the way it naturally did. That wild child hair is SOOO cute on babies.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Well, after having watched an episode or two of Toddlers & Tiaras I think a tiny bit of hair gel will be fine....just for a short period of time, though, okay?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Not so much, because of the chemicals used in the gel.
    Just give him a nice haircut, or leave it be. He's a child it shouldn't matter.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• why would you use gel?
    i don't even think my mom combed our hair, let alone gelled or hairsprayed it when we were babies. And we didn't get our first haircut until we were 1yr and then she'd save a lock of it so that we would know exactly what our hair looked like when we were babies.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• why in the world would u want to use gel? lol...my ex tried to do that to my DS and i told him no cause that shit is HARD to get out of baby hair.
    Anonymous

• For pictures or a special day.. yes. For everyday use... no. =P Too drying to his skin. Either use a little baby lotion or take him in for his first haircut. :)
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 6:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2010