can I use any potato for baked potatoes? DON'T LAUGH AT ME. lol

Or does it have to be a specific kind or size?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I'm only laughing because you said "don't laugh at me". I didn't read the above answers, so I hope you got a good one! Next time, google it....google doesn't care, lmao!!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• well don't bake the baby sized ones unless they're in a pan with a roast but yes any potato is fine
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I like to use the Huge ones from Idaho. the smaller ones are good for the kids to eat, my kids like the Yukon Gold, they are small and take less time to cook. DH and I like the bigger ones.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• OP~ The reason I was asking is b/c the potatoes I have are pretty small and we will probably have to have 2 a piece but I wasnt sure if it would bake right.
    Anonymous

• Not a laughable question at all. You should have seen the strange looks I got in the grocery store when I asked my husband to remind which potatoes I use in making potato salad (some of them turn to mush).
    Like the pp stated, any type should do just fine so long as they aren't too small. Don't use the red-skinned potatoes...those are best boiled or roasted. Sometimes the grocery stores will have signs in their produce section letting you know about each type of potato and what they are best used for.
    In my head, baked potatoes are slightly thick-skinned, largish, and oblong.
    Enjoy!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Hi OP....
    I see what you are asking now. Yes, those should be fine. In fact, if all the potatoes you put into the oven to bake are close to being about the same size then they will take the same amount of time to cook, which is nice. Smaller ones will take less time to cook, which is good during the summer months when you don't want to overheat your house. Cooking them on the grill is really good, too, if you pierce the skins with a fork, rub the skin all over with olive oil, and then wrap tight in tin foil. Yum!
    Enjoy!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Thank you very much PrydferthMenyw
    Anonymous

• I really thought I was going to be laughed at for that one... lol =)
    Anonymous

• Any potato is fine for baking, though I don't like the way the red ones taste baked unless they are cooked with a roast. Give your potatoes a good scrubbibg with a clean, wet sponge before baking. Then the skins will be smoot and crisp after baking and yummy to eat.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• OP ~ you are most welcome....what time should I show up with my plate and fork? :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2010