is it worth it??

is it worth it to stay in a marriage where my husband is always gone? i mean he works away ,but even when he has the choice to take the day or weekend off he doesnt. and when he is home he just wants to watch tv,i cant remember the last time we were in public together. i am soo lonely and sad. also its hard with him gone so much and me miserable since im 5months prego and have a 1yr dd. i just dont know what to do.

mayo9mommy

Asked by mayo9mommy at 2:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• try explaining it to him. I know I can feel pretty lonely at times, you just have to express yourself to him.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• i agree with sabrena
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I would start a play group and I would find a hobby that makes me happy because I have been there before also sit down and find things for you to do with hubby talk to him and express where you see yourself in five years with him and as person. GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I guess it depends on your relationship goals. Is he working to provide a future for you? Is he gone in the military? Is he a truck driver? He probably thinks you have a perfect marriage and he's showing you his love by providing and being home when he's not working. Just talk with him. Many women get lonely when dh is gone. Some long haul drivers or off shore drilling guys or military are gone for very long stretches. They get lonely too and just want to go home. Home is where his heart is and now you are saying you want to rip that from him? Please talk to the man and tell him what you need.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• First I would try talking to him. See where he stands with your relationship and if he wants to change things. If he does, then work on it and go from there. If he doesn't then maybe it is time for you two to move on.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• it doesn't sound like much of a marriage... when hubby and i were having trouble a couple years ago she made her point by askiing me what my idea of a good marriage is, or marriage period. when i told her she pointed out that what was going on was not at all in line with that and therefore we weren't in a marriage. you need to tell him how you feel. it would be good if he could try and explain what his deal is - why he's not choosing to be with his family more or interact with you. it's hard to make decisions when you only know one side of the story. good luck.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2010