Someone canned som apple pie filling for me...

Well I cannot bake a pie to save my life so I thought maybe an apple crisp.....Does anyone have a good recipe for an apple crisp? Thank you!

Brandi300

Asked by Brandi300 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I mix equal amounts of butter and sugar (a brown sugar like turbinado is best IMO) then add oats until it looks right, a bit clumpy and a bit crumbly. I'd guess maybe about 1/3 of a cup butter and sugar for an 8*8 baking dish and a bit more than a cup of oats. I sometimes add rice flour but I don't care for regular wheat flour in a crisp topping. For apples I usually add a decent dash of cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg, maybe a little ground ginger. Adding ginger and serving with coconut milk ice cream (So Delicious makes a lovely vanilla bean one) it's a nice twist.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• how can you not bake a pie with teh filling already made?!? Buy a crust dump the filling in...look up a fcrumb topping recipe which consists of just mixing melted butter sugar cinamon and maybe some flour, and TADA! you have a pie....an apple crisp on the other hand would probably take A LOT more work.
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 4:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• i forgot to mention this but with some people you never know...you ahve to bake the pie too. lol
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 4:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Lol! I cant make crust. I always make it too dry and it comes out really hard or it crumbles. Apple crisp i just have to make crumbs.....right?
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• LOL i dunno i'm not quite sure what apple crisp is. When i make apple pie i just end up buying a crust from the store so all i make is the crumb topping...What is an apply crisp?
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 6:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Um I think its when you put the filling in a baking dish and then make a crumb topping for the top with like rolled oats and stuff. I've had it before and its really good I just don't have a recipe for it.

What kind of topping do you put on your apple pie?
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• butter, flour, oats, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnimon
    blend it all together, and dump it over your apple pie filling and bake til the top is crisp!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Thank you.....about how much do I put of the butter flour sugar and oats?
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Thank you!! :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2010