pregnant during the summer!!

so not only is it hot outside but its hot in my room, my conditionar doesnt work at all. and all i want to do is clean!! and decorate my room but i cant because its soo hot! any ideas? lol im also 34 weeks pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sip ice water. No matter how hot I am, drinking ice water cools me down.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Tell me about it, I am 38 w 4d and we just got window units put in 4 days ago!!! I was sooooooo miserable and thought I was gonna pass out everytime I tried to do house work. I can actually breathe now!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 3:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• put some ice in a plastic bag and put it behind your neck, unless you have a cold pack. i know how you feel. i'm 35 weeks, it sucks but the cold compress on the neck works
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Try taking a cool shower or bath. Do you have any fans? If so, you can put one in your room to circualte the air and one in the window to suck the air OUT. I was pregnant in the summer with all three of ours. I knwo what your going through. I was due in July with our oldest and November with our other two. All three summers were AWFUL :) I would also wet a washcloth with cold water, ring it out and wear it around my neck. When it would start to get hot, I would refresh it. Try to wear as little clothes as possible. Most days I was home by myself (pregnant with first) I would waer nothing but a pair of panties and a bra around the house. With our second and third since i had the other children in the house i would wear a long, thin tank top with just panties. That helped a LOT.
    Try to drink and eat cool things.
    Anonymous

• fans. ice water. cold shower.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Anon :17 said it all.
    Another thing that might help is if you could do your work or decorating at night when it is cooler.
    Be sure to get plenty of rest and eat nutritious foods so you don't deplete your energy or make yourself sick or dizzy.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• STRIP! I walked around in my bra and a pair of shorty shorts the whole summer. Well inside the house. Anything I did I had like 4 fans going. When I needed to I directed two onto me and I sprawled out onto the couch until I was cool.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Cold shower followed by sitting around naked.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2010