diaper rash ugh :/

ok heres the deal, my 1 year old has real bad ugly rash, idk i didnt everything to make them go away but they keep coming bak. my boyfriend mom came to me yesturday bitchy at me because her rash got wrose. and that its my fault she dont belive anything shes over here telling me shes gna report me to cps. im like going crazy cause i know i take of my daughter will. and for her to be acting this way. help what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if you havent gone to the dr. take her in it could be a fungal rash that needs to bee treated with hydrocortisone and other creams
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 3:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• You will have to take your toddler to the pediatrician. If conventional diaper rash treatments aren't working then your little one has an infection. It is either a yeast diaper rash and needs antifungals or it is a bacterial rash and needs antibiotics. I've been through both. The pediatrician can swab the rash and test it to see what it is and how to treat it. The test only takes about 10 to 15 minutes to come back.

You will get response here to use powder or cornstarch. NEVER use EITHER. Both feed yeast and so can make a yeast infection rash way worse. Just keep the rash clean and dry for now and apply a good diaper rash ointment and every change. Then call first thing in the morning to get an appointment with the pediatrician.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I agree with thrivingmom, 110%!
    3jewlz

Answer by 3jewlz at 4:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• It could be an irritation to the diaper itself. Some babies have allergic reactions to some types of diapers.
    It could also be an irritation from the diaper rubbing against her skin.
    Go to the doctor and ask about getting a medicated diaper rash cream.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• One thing you can try tonight before going to the doctor in the morning to see if it helps is Lotrimin AF. It is an antifungal for athletes foot which is a fungus and has worked for many diaper rashes in my house. I put that on with vaseline or A&D over it. Usually by morning it is MUCH better. If it helps you can call you doc and ask for a prescription of Nystatin cream and use that or continue with the Lotrimin. I usually use the LOtrimin because it is cheaper than getting a prescription from the doctor. BTW the generics are just as good.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2010