At the age of 22 should I raise my baby or choose adoption?

22 years old- out of college- employed full time making 26, 000 a yr. parents do not support pregnancy and have pushed for abortion, so has bf of 3 years, but is now really wanting adoption- but my honest question is- IS parenting impossible? Esp. if he leaves I will be doing it alone....don't know what to do, very lost

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You have to figure that out for yourself. No matter what anyone tells you, you have to search your heart and make the right choice for you.
    My guess is that your parents will come around if you decide to keep the baby and your boyfriend might too. Just don't make any decisions based on what others will do. Make the right decision for YOU.
    Big Hugs!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I will also say, that parenting is not impossible. At one time, my mom was a single mom of five kids, she did it, so can you if you chose too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• No one can tell you what you should do. I don't agree w/ abortion especially in your situation where you have a steady job and all but with no support system it will not be easy. I think you need to decide what you want for you and your unborn child. No one can tell you what is right.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 5:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• this is definately a choice that is totally yours. Do I think you can DO it at 22, yes! I was married at 18 and we had our first when I was 21, now granted those were different circumstances but you can make it for sure. This is a big life changing decision and youll have to think long and hard about it before comig to a conclusion.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 5:34 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• i'm 24... have a 4 year old, a 2 year old, and one on the way. it's not impossible. with my first, at age 19, i was told to put the baby up for adoption. didn't mattter that i was engaged. number 2, i was married.... tht was good enough for most. now i am newly divorced, and the father has told me abortion and then adoption. i will not do either, and i know i can do this. its not easy, but what in life is??
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 5:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Only you can answer that question. All women are not born to be mothers. Do whatever is right for you and the wellbeing of your child. I was born to be a mommy and love every minute of it... However, every woman is different and adoption could be a better decision. B/c there are also women that were born the mommy type who can't have their own children and have to depend on the adoption process to be a mommy.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 5:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Thanks for all your supportive responses! It feels great to be welcomed into an environment that is supportive of me. Since I have been pregnant it feels like everybody has been against the whole thing. Working full time- maybe I could find gov. assistance to help out w/daycare. I have always loved children and wanted my own, but this situation is very difficult for sure. I am scared the child will suffer if my bf and I have relationship problems and so on. I want the best possible situation for my baby- I am only 6 wks pregnant, but in love with what is inside of me already I am really gaining strength from god :)
    Lalaina

Answer by Lalaina at 5:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I can say this...I wouldn't try and raise a baby with someone who wanted to kill it.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• At 27 I was told that I needed to put mine up for adoption. He didn't think that we could provide her the life that she deserved. Thinking back on it now when I'm not an emotional mess, I think that it was a noble thought on his part. I decided that we were keeping the baby and he had to get on board or I was leaving. We have turned out to be great parents and all our DD needs is a lot of love and patience. Only you can decide what you want for you and your baby. If you decide to keep the baby your parents will probably come around. If the father of the baby really loves you he will too. All that baby REALLY NEEDS is a lot of love from both mom and dad. I wish you luck with whatever decision that you decide is best for you and the baby.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• If you even doubt you can do it at the age of 22 I think abortion is the best you can do for that clearly unwanted child.
    Anonymous