Potty Training

At what age did you start potty training your children??? My 3 yr old DS took me 3 weeks to get potty trained and that was like 2 months ago and my DD will br 2 in Sept...Well my DS and my neice are starting school in august so my DD will be the only child home...I was going to start then but is she still to young...She tells me potty but I put her on the potty and she just sits there..I think she thinks its a game or something???

momma226911

Asked by momma226911 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• its just a matter of trial and error. They'll will potty train when they are ready. If she shows interest in going then i'd take her now, whether or not shes actually using the potty, just the fact thats shes getting accustom to it is a good thing. Try to find some potty training books for her that you can read to her, my son liked those and we would talk about them while he sat there. lol.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 5:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• My son is 23 months and we started training this past week. He's taken to it very well and I expect he'll be fully day trained by his second birthday.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• My LO has been trained for the last 4 weeks and she is turning two in 10 days. She is doing great and if your LO wants to train then train her. You can do it now if you want to instead of waiting. It just takes a lot of patience and you already know that.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I will let her go..She just comes and tells me what she has to do and I take her diaper off her and she will go in there but I'm not sure if she is still to young but I do want her to be potty trained b/c I want to be done with diapers for awhile before I have another one and my SO and I are going to start TTC after her 2nd birthday
    momma226911

Answer by momma226911 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2010